3 Tips for a Faster Account Recovery Support Request:
1. Send your request from the email address that is saved to your Kongregate.com profile.
As one of the first steps to verifying account ownership, support will not be able to help you if you write in from the wrong e-mail address. You will be asked to send in a new ticket from the correct email address before proceeding.
If you no longer have access to that e-mail address, send from your current email and the support agent will have additional instructions for you.
2. Provide all the info they're going to need in your first message to support.
See below for more details.
3. Don't 'bump' your request unless you really need to add new information.
The system sorts 'newly replied' with 'new,' and the team works from oldest to newest, so bumping your ticket up to ask the status can actually cause a delay. If you got a confirmation e-mail ("we got your request! here's the ticket #"), just wait for a reply. Only bump the ticket if you have to add new info to it.
What does CS need from me for account recovery?
If you did not link your character to a Kongregate account, OR
If logging into your Kongregate account doesn’t load your character, send support:
- The name of the character you want to recover
- The device model that the account was installed/created on.
Example: iPhone 7, Samsung Galaxy S8.
- The name of the character that is currently on your device.
If your device created a new game account for you, play through until you can name the character, name it, and send us that name.
- Your Kongregate username.
If you do not have a Kongregate account, you will need to create one.
- 5 Familiars you have on the account that you're trying to recover.
If you cannot log in due to multiple device issues, (your account was logged in to too many devices), send us:
All of the above AND advanced permission to remove all linked devices from your account.
Example: If you need to clear all linked devices from my account, you have my permission to do so.