NOTE: Voting for 2019-2020 Council Members has ended. Information about the next election will be shared around August 2020.
I don’t know who to vote for. How can learn more about the candidates?
Prior to the voting phase, we will share a directory of candidates with all players. This will allow you to see a bit of information about the candidate and why they think you should vote for them.
During the elections, the Bit Heroes Forums will have a sub forum dedicated to discussing the council or asking questions of the candidates. Many candidates also create their own “Ask me anything” thread, a great way to help you decide who to vote for.
What are the voting requirements?
Voting is only available to players level 50+.
How do I vote?
When in town, click on the bulletin board located southwest of the fountain:
Click on the board and the Player Council menu will open:
1. Dropdown Menu: Use this option to switch view between the different roles available. Changing the view will update the list of candidates on the screen.
2. Text Box: Use this text box to search specifically for a player name within that role. If the person is running for a role you are not currently viewing, the search box will not find them.
3. Scroll Bar: Use this bar to scroll up and down through the list of candidates.
4. Player Name: Click on the user name to pull up their profile.
5. Vote Button: Use this button to cast your vote for the person that button is next to. Clicking it will change the button to a red ‘Unvote’ button. If you wish to change your vote, simply click that ‘Unvote’ button.
Can I change my mind on who I voted for?
Yes, you can change your vote anytime before the cutoff date/time. To change your vote, simply click the ‘Unvote’ button next to that candidate’s name and select a new person.
How many people can I vote for?
You can cast two (2) votes per role.
What happens after the voting period is over?
First, we’ll need a few days or more to verify and confirm the information. As soon as that information is ready, we will make announcements about who has officially been elected!
Elected Council Members will receive additional instructions privately. Council Members will also vote among themselves for a President, Vice President, and Council Secretary.
After the announcements have been made, feel free to voice thoughts, feedback, concerns, and more with council members. They’ll be meeting with devs every month or so and chatting about hot topics, reviewing unreleased content, and more. To contact a council member, feel free to post here in the forums or join the Official Bit Heroes Discord Server and chat in the #chat-with-your-council channel.
Council members may be open to private messages and DMs, but please be courteous and patient-- they may have a lot of folks to reply to!