First and foremost, DPC members should be passionate about Bit Heroes! We also have a few requirements and expectations that will ensure the community is represented by experienced players with strong communication skills.
Any interested player must meet the following requirements:
- A minimum of 3 months experience playing Bit Heroes
- Ability to read and write English at an intermediate level or better
- Age 18+
ALL elected council members will be expected to:
- Sign and abide by a Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Participate regularly in council discussions on Discord
- Attend meetings roughly once every 1 to 2 months on Discord
- Participate in beta testing, when applicable
- Discuss and provide feedback on unreleased content and/or upcoming features
- Listen to, communicate with, and be a voice for your fellow players
- Be respectful in the community and follow conduct guidelines. (Even critical feedback and disagreements should be shared respectfully).
There are currently twenty (20) total seats consisting of three (3) available positions. Additionally, candidates who were just shy of enough votes to get the seat will be brought in as alternates.
- Beta Tester - Ten (10) players will be elected
- Meta Specialist - Four (4) players will be elected: Tanking, DPS, Healing, Other
- Community Advocate - Six (6) players will be elected
Each role will have access to council Discord chats, beta tests, and content/feature previews; but the roles will vary slightly from one to the other. For example, a player elected as the Tanking Meta Specialist will be expected to know the ins and outs of tanking, while a Beta Tester would have some experience in bug reporting or, at the least, a willingness to learn. Community Advocates should be players interested in contributing more generally and broadly, such as a player who has always been F2P and wants to be a representative voice for fellow F2P players or a player who loves theorycrafting and wants to discuss balance.
Additionally, the Democratic Player Council will campaign and vote among themselves to fill 3 positions: Council President, Vice President, and Council Secretary. Players in these roles cannot be from the same guild.
Lastly, an ideal DPC member will be able to stay in their elected position for 1 year.