Responsibility of Visitors.
Kongregate has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including private messages, posted to our services, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating our Services, Kongregate does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful, or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Our Services may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. Our Services may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. Kongregate disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of our Services, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
As a condition of use, you promise to not use the Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms, or any other purpose not reasonably intended by Kongregate. By way of an example, but not as a limitation, you agree to not use the Services:
- To abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate, or intimidate any person;
- To post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any Content that is libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, offensive, or profane;
- To post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any communication or solicitation designed or intended to obtain password, account, or private information from any Bit Heroes user;
- To create or transmit unwanted ‘spam’ to any person or chat room;
- To create multiple accounts for the purpose of harassing, spamming, etc;
Our chat room is meant to be used at a PG rating level. Going around the curse filter, being vulgar, spamming, and all-around harassment are terms for instant chat mutes without explanation.
Impersonating a Dev or Mod, trying to hack, doing intentional or repeatable chargebacks, attempting to exploit a game mechanic or system, or trying to sell accounts is an automatic bannable offense.
Since there has been some confusion, this is a post to clarify what exactly can and will result in a mute in World Chat. Moderators are allowed to mute without explanation.
Spam includes, but is not limited to:
- Posts including random letters/numbers/symbols
- Excessive use of caps or multiples of the same letters where unnecessary (ex: hhhhheeeeeelllllllooooo)
- Posting the same phrase or link an unreasonable amount of times (more than once in a few seconds)
- Any sort of post that seems spammy or unnecessary in chat
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Using foul or vulgar language to talk about another player
- Continuing to ask for help/friend slots/guilds an excessive number of times
Cursing includes, but is not limited to:
- Going around the chat filter to use an inappropriate word
- Using vulgar language to talk about a topic that is not family-friendly
Reasons include, but are not limited to:
- Any combination of the above mute reasons
- Trying to impersonate or pretend to be a chat mod or developer (this can also result in a permanent ban from the game)
- Creating a toxic chat with means to harass or cause a scene, creating a negative environment in chat
- Discussing anything that would not be considered a family-friendly topic
- Posting links to adult content, hacking sites, or other inappropriate content
- Discussing moderator or customer service actions on accounts
- Discussing hacks, cheats, and exploits.
If you have run into an issue with moderation or one of the chat moderators, please contact us with the information and a screenshot, and we will look into it further.
World chat moderators are truly here to help the community. They keep chat on topic, productive, safe, and inclusive. All of our official communities are intended to provide a place for players to help each other with the game, to share information with players, and get constructive feedback on how to make the game better. Toxicity, harassment, and excessive negativity genuinely detract from that purpose, and all of us are negatively affected as a result.
Breaking rules repeatedly will lead to a permanent mute. Creating alts for the sake of continuing bad behavior will result in a temporary or permanent mute to the alt account.
Continuing to create alts for the sake of continuing bad behavior or harassing other plays will lead to your main account being permanently banned from the game and Kongregate.com.
This extends to Discord moderation too, which we consider an extension of world chat. There are some variations due to differences in the platform, but generally the rules and escalation are similar.
If you have a complaint or question about moderation, please visit https://kon.gg/BitHeroesMods for more information or contact support on that page if you want to inquire further. Asking in chat or DMing moderators is not the way to do that. This process is in place so that mods can focus on what they are supposed to do: keep the chat clean. Handling mod complaints via support also protects the privacy of players and prevents harassment in the case of an honest mistake or misunderstanding.